Permits & Rules
The mission of Resource Management is to protect and manage natural systems through effective service initiatives to support the public resource needs, ensure sustainable economic development, and improve quality of life.
Resource Management core functions consist of:
- Public service
- Quality communities
- Resource development
- Resource regulation
These core functions integrate the District values, the District mission, and the Resource Management mission.
Resource Management staff implements the District's Resource Regulation Program and its Quality Communities Program. Resource Regulation activities involve
- Environmental Resource Permitting
- Stormwater, wetlands and more.
- Works of the District Permitting
- Building in the floodway, decks, docks and more.
- Water Use Permitting
- Water Well Construction Permitting
Quality Communities consists of a variety of resource management programs involving
- Flood protection
- Natural system enhancement
- Water quality improvement
- Water supply development and protection
District rules and regulations are created and adopted in order to comply with Florida Statutes and the Florida Administrative Code. Links to pertinent sections of the statutes and code are provided on the Rules & Statues page.
Give Us Your Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions - please contact us.